Albert Einstein Planetarium

Air and Space Museum

Independence Avenue and 6th Street, SW

Washington, DC

Immerse yourself in the stars! The Einstein Planetarium

The Albert Einstein Planetarium is one of the most technologically advanced planetariums in the country. An 8K Full Dome System projects ultra-high-definition visuals that are 16 times the resolution of your HD TV. Get ready to be immersed in brightness, clarity, and color that is out of this world!

Get updates on upcoming films and events at Albert Einstein Planetarium. Sign up for our newsletter here.

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!


Showtimes for September 25, 2018

Format: 09/26/2018
The Stars Tonight Poster

The Stars Tonight

Join experts from the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum for an awe-inspiring look at new space explorations and discoveries that are making headlines today.

Dark Universe Poster

Dark Universe

The planets, stars, and everything you can see are less than 5 percent of the universe. What is the other 95 percent?

Journey to the Stars Poster

Journey to the Stars

Witness the life and death of stars in our sky, including our own sun.

To Space and Back Poster

To Space and Back

Discover how space exploration is shaping your world...

One World, One Sky: Big Bird's Adventure Poster

One World, One Sky: Big Bird's Adventure

Join Big Bird and Elmo as they explore the night sky with Hu Hu Zhu, a Muppet from "Zhima Jie," the Chinese co-production of Sesame Street.

There are no more showtimes for this movie today. Please view the movie page for more information.


Limited metered street parking is available. Please read signs carefully for parking hours and permit restrictions. Parking is available in several local lots, including two blocks south of the Museum at 6th and C Streets, SW.  Learn more about parking near the Mall.