It’s been four years since theme park and luxury resort Jurassic World was destroyed by dinosaurs out of containment. Isla Nublar now sits abandoned by humans while the surviving dinosaurs fend for themselves in the jungles.
Lockheed Martin IMAX Theater
Air and Space Museum
Independence Avenue and 6th Street, SW
The Lockheed IMAX Theater features one of the largest IMAX screens in DC. Strap into the cockpit of some of the most advanced aircrafts, or take a walk through space. Our giant screen provides a truly immersive and one-of-a-kind experience.
The Lockheed Martin IMAX® Theater now features IMAX with Laser. The dual 4k laser projection system with a 12 discrete channel sound system provides audiences with the sharpest, brightest, clearest, and most vivid digital images ever combined with a whole new level of immersive audio. The future of movie technology is here!
New Upgrades to Lockheed Martin IMAX Theater Include:
- Brand new 75 foot wide screen
- Dual 4k laser projection system with new optical engine providing unparalleled 3D brightness
- New state-of-the-art 3D glasses that optimize the laser system experience
- 12 discrete channels plus sub-bass for fully immersive audio experience
- New capability to show a wider selection of documentary and Hollywood features, and at the highest possible quality