- Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center (Chantilly, VA): Airbus IMAX Theater lobby
Tickets may be purchased up when they are available online.
Yes. We do offer special rates for Smithsonian members. Click here for pricing information. Please note that tickets at the member rate may ONLY be purchased at a Smithsonian Theaters box office. Your membership card MUST be provided when purchasing member-rated tickets.
Advance purchase tickets may be picked up at any Smithsonian Theaters box office. Please be sure to bring a photo ID and/or the credit card used to purchase the tickets. Identification is required for verification purposes.
Each museum will open doors for after-hours screenings.
- Steven F. Udvar Hazy Center: enter via the main entrance
The Smithsonian offers free parking after 4 p.m. at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center. A $15 per car entrance fee is required for all cars entering before 4 p.m. Please visit www.nasm.si.edu/parking for details.
- Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center: no metro available
- For additional metro routes, schedules, fares and assistance in planning your trip, visit the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority website.
IMAX is the ultimate film experience. Large frame film is projected onto specially designed screens that are several stories high to produce some of the most stunning live-action and computer generated visual images recorded. The theaters are also equipped with a state-of-the-art sound system.
The Einstein Planetarium is a domed theater that uses digital technology to provide audiences with spectacular visualizations of the universe. The theater presents both pre-programmed and live presentations designed to share the wonders of the universe.
The following accessibility services for visitors with disabilities are available upon request; inquire at any theater Box Office for appropriate devices. The newly instituted feature length IMAX films presented at Smithsonian Theaters do not yet provide for additional accessible services. As the reformatting of these films becomes more common we will request that our distribution partners provide these additional services to our visitors for future films.
- Rear Window Captioning in English for visitors who are deaf or hard of hearing. Individual devices are provided.
- Amplification in English for visitors who are deaf or hard of hearing. Headphones provided by the theater.
- Audio Description in English is provided for visitors who are blind or have low vision.
It varies by show. You will be instructed to reserve seats upon check out if applicable.
Yes, the National Air and Space Museum's Lockheed Martin IMAX Theater offers translations in French, German, Japanese and Spanish for "To Fly!"