Our museums and research centers work at intersections that spark imagination and encourage discovery—between art and the environment, space exploration and women’s history, cultural traditions and an evolving American identity. Whether in museums or communities, Smithsonian educators and experts invite conversation, collaboration, and exchange, helping learners develop transferable critical thinking skills that apply to today’s most complex challenges in order to build and enrich a national culture of learning.
At Smithsonian Education, our mission is to inspire curiosity and connections in a changing world, and our vision is a world where learning is collaborative and transformative for everyone.
An educator looking for...
- Featured classroom resources from across the Smithsonian that highlight relevant interdisciplinary content, concepts, and skills for grades PK–12+:
- Information about planning a field trip
- Virtual or in-person Smithsonian events
- Professional development opportunities
- Elementary hands-on science programs designed to meet NGSS
An academic interested in…
- Pursuing independent research in a Fellowship (graduate, pre-doctoral, or post-doctoral students)
- Identifying a Fellowship advisor for Research and Study (graduate, pre-doctoral, or post-doctoral students)
- Exploring research resources from Smithsonian museums, libraries, archives, and research centers
- Perusing interesting museum resources
A lifelong learner interested in...
- Participating in high-quality and engaging online/in-person educational programs
- Attending virtual or in-person Smithsonian events
- Exploring interesting online museum resources including collections and podcasts
- Taking free, online courses from the Smithsonian
- Enjoying a memorable, immersive, and transformative travel experience
Give the Gift of Smithsonian Education
The Smithsonian is working to share our extensive learning resources to inform, inspire, and spark inquiry.
Your tax-deductible gift today will make a profound difference in our ability to reach every classroom and community in the nation, especially those that need it the most.