Contributions from foundations are:
- Increasing the capacity to store and display 3,000 works of American art
- Digitizing millions of letters, photos, and other documents that chronicle the lives of America’s greatest artists
- Constructing the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Preserving global biodiversity through the National Zoological Park’s reproductive science programs
- Inspiring curiosity and discovery about the natural world through the National Museum of Natural History’s science education programs, founded in 1910
Recent grants to Smithsonian programs include:
- Bloomberg Philanthropies support for The Pen, an interactive visitor experience at the Cooper Hewitt National Design Museum
- The Morris & Gwendolyn Cafritz Foundation support for the National Museum of African American History and Culture construction
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation to support for the East Asian Conservation Studio at the National Museum of Asian Art
- Arthur Vining Davis Foundations support for the Smithsonian Center for Learning and Digital Access’s online professional development courses for teachers
Please find below a listing of the most frequently requested documents for your assistance.
Foundation Relations staff can help you. For more information, send an email or call 202-633-5011.