HOW TO GET STARTED:
All prospective contractors for goods or services to the Smithsonian Institution must complete System for Award Management (SAM) registration.
If assistance is needed with the registration process, businesses are encouraged to contact the Federal Services Desk by phone at 866.606.8220 or 334.206.7828. Another source for assistance with the SAM registration process are Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs), which are federally funded, state-run centers. Each state has at least one center, and PTAC assistance is free and available to all businesses. The nearest PTAC can be found through the Association of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (APTAC) website.
REGISTER IN THE SMITHSONIAN SMALL BUSINESS DATABASE:
The Smithsonian believes in and is committed to the advancement of small business enterprises including those owned by women and minorities. In an effort to better serve these business communities the Smithsonian has created an on-line vendor profile database that will allow current and prospective vendors the opportunity to input their company information into Smithsonian's Small Business Database. The on-line registration form should be viewed as a marketing took only, and not as a guarantee for receiving solicitations or contract awards.
- Active Smithsonian Procurement notices are posted on the Federal Business Opportunities website
- The current Forecast of Procurement Contracting Opportunities can be found by going to FY 2024 Forecast.
- Vendors interested in selling products through the Smithsonian's stores should contact Smithsonian Enterprises. These items must reflect the mission of the Smithsonian, generally through a relationship to subjects covered by the Smithsonian's collections.
WHAT THE SMITHSONIAN BUYS:
- What the Smithsonian buys by NAICS code.
- The Vendor NAICS Code Key is a searchable tool to help vendors identify Smithsonian museums, research centers and offices by NAICS codes.
- A list of current Supplier Diversity Liaisons across the Smithsonian.
OUTREACH EVENTS - FY 2024
VENDOR INFORMATION SESSIONS: Virtual Platform (Industry Specific)
Time: 10:30 am - 11:30 am on Zoom in partnership with the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum.
|1st Quarter: Construction
|2nd Quarter: Exhibits
|3rd Quarter: Merchandising
|4th Quarter: IT/Marketing
7th ANNUAL DOING BUSINESS WITH THE SMITHSONIAN - HYBRID SHOWCASE: (Live and Streaming)
Hosted by NMAAHC (this is an all-day event)
Date: June 5, 2024
Check back for the registration link!
For more information, please contact SDPHelp at (202) 633-6410 or email@example.com.