HOW TO GET STARTED:
All prospective contractors for goods or services to the Smithsonian Institution must complete System for Award Management (SAM) registration. Prior to registering with SAM, businesses must have a D&B DUNS number and a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN).
If assistance is needed with the registration process, businesses are encouraged to contact the Federal Services Desk by phone at 866.606.8220 or 334.206.7828. Another source for assistance with the SAM registration process are Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs), which are federally funded, state-run centers. Each state has at least one center, and PTAC assistance is free and available to all businesses. The nearest PTAC can be found through the Association of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (APTAC) website.
REGISTER IN THE SMITHSONIAN SMALL BUSINESS DATABASE:
The Smithsonian believes in and is committed to the advancement of small business enterprises including those owned by women and minorities. In an effort to better serve these business communities the Smithsonian has created an on-line vendor profile database that will allow current and prospective vendors the opportunity to input their company information into Smithsonian's Small Business Database. The on-line registration form should be viewed as a marketing took only, and not as a guarantee for receiving solicitations or contract awards.
- Active Smithsonian Procurement notices are posted on the Federal Business Opportunities website
- The current Forecast of Procurement Contracting Opportunities can be found by going to FY 2021 Forecast.
- Information on small business participation on the construction of the National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC) can be found on the Clark/Smoot/Russell Joint Venture (CSR) team website.
- More information about the new museum can be found on NMAAHC's website.
- Vendors interested in selling products through the Smithsonian's stores should contact Smithsonian Enterprises. These items must reflect the mission of the Smithsonian, generally through a relationship to subjects covered by the Smithsonian's collections.
WHAT THE SMITHSONIAN BUYS:
- What the Smithsonian buys by NAICS code.
- The Vendor NAICS Code Key is a searchable tool to help vendors identify Smithsonian museums, research centers and offices by NAICS codes.
- A list of current Supplier Diversity Liaisons across the Smithsonian.
Come learn about doing business with the Smithsonian and meet the Supplier Diversity Team in-person at these upcoming procurement outreach events: To Be Announced.
SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTION VENDOR OUTREACH SESSIONS (SIVOS):