Social Media Share Tools
- William Morris, (British, 1834–1896)
- Arthur Sanderson & Sons, Ltd., (London, founded 1860)
- a) "Vine" printed in blues, lavenders and greens. Printed from nine woodblocks; b) "The Wreath" printed in tan, two shades of blue and green. Floral design for ceiling; d) "Net Ceiling" printed in two shades of gray-blue, gray-chartreuse. Flat flower and leaf forms springing from central quatrefoil.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Arthur Sanderson & Sons, Ltd.
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Object Name
- Block-printed paper
- H x W x D (a): 92.5 x 56.5 cm (36 7/16 x 22 1/4 in.)
- Repeat H x W (a): 53.3 x 53.3 cm (21 x 21 in.)
- L x W x D (b): 91.2 x 55.5 cm (35 7/8 x 21 7/8 in.)
- L x W x D (c): 91.7 x 55.4 cm (36 1/8 x 21 13/16 in.)
- L x W x D (d): 56 x 91.4 cm (22 1/16 x 36 in.)
- made in
- London, England
- See more items in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Collection
- Wallcoverings Department
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.