Social Media Share Tools
- Winslow Homer, American, 1836–1910
- Edward Lagarde, American, 19th century
- Harper & Bros., New York, New York, USA
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Nine barefoot boys play snap the whip. Seven boys are holding onto each other's hands while two boys have broken away on the left. On the right middle ground is a school house. On the left, children can be seen in the background.
- Credit Line
- Gift of John Goldsmith Phillips, Jr.
- September 20, 1873
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Object Name
- Wood engraving in black ink on paper
- Image: 34.4 × 52.4 cm (13 9/16 × 20 5/8 in.)
- made in
- See more items in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Collection
- Drawings, Prints, and Graphic Design Department
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.