In the event of a government shutdown, the Smithsonian will remain OPEN through at least Saturday, October 7. Check back for updates...
- Andy Warhol, American, b. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1928–1987
- Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts, New York, to 11 November 1994
- Partial Gift of the Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts and Partial Purchase, Smithsonian Collections Acquisition Program and Joseph H. Hirshhorn Bequest Fund, 1995
- Exhibition History
- HIRSHHORN MUSEUM AND SCULPTURE GARDEN, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC. "The Hirshhorn Collects: Recent Acquisitions 1992-1996," 4 June-7 September 1997, no. 166, color ill. p. 6; p. 106.
- SMITHSONIAN AMERICAN ART MUSEUM, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC. Grand re-opening exhibition, 1 July 2006-4 July 2007.
- Published References
- UNSIGNED. "The Buyers and the Givers of 1995," The Art Newspaper 55 (January 1996), p. 13.
- STECK, CHARLES (photographer). "700 Block of Independence Avenue SW, March 31," Washington City Paper (12 April 1996), ill. p. 3.
- SHAW-EAGLE, JOANNA. "'Recent Acquisitions' at the Hirshhorn Paints Broad Sweep," Washington Times (20 July 1997), p. D4.
- BENEZRA, NEAL and OLGA M. VISO with ARTHUR C. DANTO (essay). Regarding Beauty: A View of the Late Twentieth Century (Washington, DC: Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution; Ostfildern, Germany: Cantz, 1999), ill. p. 226.
- AQUIN, STEPHANE, et al. Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden: The Collection (New York: DelMonico Books, 2022), pl. 277, p. 302.
- Credit Line
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, Partial Gift of the Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts and Partial Purchase, Smithsonian Collections Acquisition Program and Joseph H. Hirshhorn Bequest Fund, 1995
- Accession Number
- Acrylic and screenprint ink on canvas
- 80 x 80 1/4 in. (203 x 203.4 cm)
- See more items in
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden Collection
- Pop Art (American)
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)