Robert Ridgway Bird Head Drawing #121
- Ridgway, Robert 1850-1929
- This drawing or engravings of bird heads was used in Spencer F. Baird, Thomas Mayo Brewer, and Robert Ridgway's, A History of North American Birds: Land Birds, 3 volumes (Boston: Little, Brown, and Company, 1874) and The Water Birds of North America: Memoirs of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard College, vols. XII-XIII (Boston: Little, Brown, and Company, 1884). Heads drawn by Ridgway and Henry W. Elliott.
- Cite as
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Record Unit 7167, Image No. SIA2014-00115
- Repository Loc.
- Smithsonian Institution Archives Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- Local number
- SIA RU007167 [SIA2014-00115]
- Restrictions & Rights
- No access restrictions Many of SIA's holdings are located off-site, and advance notice is recommended to consult a collection. Please email the SIA Reference Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No Copyright - United States
- Drawings (visual works)
- Smithsonian Institution Archives
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.