Portrait of Mrs. Thomas Eakins
Social Media Share Tools
- Thomas Eakins, American, b. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1844–1916
- M. Knoedler & Co., New York, to 1961
- Exhibition History
- NATIONAL PORTRAIT GALLERY, London. Thomas Eakins (1844-1916) and the Heart of American Life, 8 October 1993-23 January 1994.
- Published References
- BROCK, CHARLES, et al. "George Bellows," (Washington, DC: Publishing Office National Portrait Gallery of Art, 2012), fig. 7, p. 191.
- AQUIN, STEPHANE, et al. Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden: The Collection (New York: DelMonico Books, 2022), pl. 8, p. 37.
- Credit Line
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, Gift of Joseph H. Hirshhorn, 1966
- (c. 1899)
- Accession Number
- Oil on canvas
- 20 1/8 x 16 1/8 in. (51 x 40.8 cm)
- See more items in
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden Collection
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.