Placard from dance recital performance "Dance to Glory" by Studio A
Social Media Share Tools
- Created by
- Studio A Modeling, Etiquette, and Dance Academy, American, founded 2002
- This cardboard sign is a rectangular piece of cardboard with handwritten text in black marker. The text reads "We/ March/ For/ Women's/Rights." There is a narrow flat stick of wood mounted to the back with adhesive as a handle. The back is blank.
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of Studio A Modeling, Etiquette and Dance Academy of Baltimore, MD
- Object number
- Restrictions & Rights
- No Known Copyright Restrictions
- Proper usage is the responsibility of the user.
- ink on cardboard with wood with adhesive
- H x W: 28 1/16 × 21 15/16 in. (71.3 × 55.7 cm)
- H x W: 20 1/8 × 1 1/2 × 3/16 in. (51.1 × 3.8 × 0.5 cm)
- Place used
- Morgan State University, Baltimore, Maryland, United States, North and Central America
- See more items in
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Collection
- Memorabilia and Ephemera-Political and Activist Ephemera
- Tools and Equipment-Props and set design
- Black Lives Matter
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- African American
- Police brutality
- Race relations
- U.S. History, 2001-
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.