Railroad Hotel Owney tag
- Owney, American, c. 1888 - 1897
- Owney received this creatively shaped hotel room key token for room #33 during a stop along the Chicago, Milwaukee, and St. Paul Railroad line at Van Horne, Iowa. The token has no date, Owney traveled through Iowa several times during his travels, and it could have been given to him anytime between 1888 and 1897.
- Object number
- Seals, Symbols & Signage
- metal (brass)
- Height x Width x Depth: 3 3/4 × 2 9/16 × 1/16 in. (9.53 × 6.51 × 0.16 cm)
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- National Postal Museum
- The Gilded Age (1877-1920)
- Popular Culture
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.