Nozzle, Rocket , Solid Fuel, 12AS-1000D-5, JATO (Jet-Assisted-Take-Off) Unit
- Aerojet Engineering Corp.
- This is the nozzle for a 12AS-1000D-5 JATO (Jet-Assisted-Take-Off) rocket motor, developed and manufactured by the Aerojet Engineering Corporation and used to help lift light aircraft or for rescue operations. The motor produced one thousand pounds of thrust for twelve seconds. One of the most popular JATOs, the 12AS-1000D-5 was the first to be type certified by the Civilian Aviation Authority (certification R-1).
- Aerojet gave this nozzle to the Museum in 1948.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Aerojet Engineering Corporation
- ca. 1947
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- PROPULSION-Rocket Engines
- Copper Alloy
- 4 1/4" Diameter x 4 3/8"
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)