Seinfeld's "Puffy Shirt"
Social Media Share Tools
- Seinfeld, Jerry
- On a memorable episode of Seinfeld (NBC, 1989-98), comedian Jerry Seinfeld unwittingly agreed to wear this frilly "pirate shirt" during an appearance on the Today show.
- The popular series, famously described as a show "about nothing," reveled in the absurd situations that emerged from the everyday lives of its four main characters: Jerry, George, Elaine, and Kramer. The "puffy shirt" episode, originally broadcast September 23, 1993, was written by Seinfeld cocreator Larry David.
- Currently not on view
- Credit Line
- Warner Brothers Entertainment Inc.
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Object Name
- Physical Description
- fabric (overall material)
- overall: 35 in x 20 in; 88.9 cm x 50.8 cm
- Related Publication
- Kendrick, Kathleen M. and Peter C. Liebhold. Smithsonian Treasures of American History
- National Museum of American History. Treasures of American History online exhibition
- Related Web Publication
- See more items in
- Culture and the Arts: Entertainment
- Popular Entertainment
- Clothing & Accessories
- National Treasures exhibit
- National Museum of American History
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.