James Rorimer's early draft of his memoir Survival: the salvage and protection of art in war
- Rorimer, James J. (James Joseph), 1905-1966
- Rorimer, James J. (James Joseph)
- Allied Forces. Supreme Headquarters. Monuments, Fine Arts and Archives Section
- World War, 1939-1945
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- Manuscript : 500 p. : handwritten ; 32 x 20 cm.
- Date based on the publication date of Rorimer's memoir.
Rorimer describes his time serving with the Monuments Men in Europe during and after World War II.
Manuscript contains a mixture of handwritten and typed pages along with documents used for reference, and is approximately 500 pages. Due to the length and the fragility of the original documents, only selected portions have been scanned.
- James J. (James Joseph) Rorimer. James Rorimer's early draft of his memoir Survival: the salvage and protection of art in war, not after 1950. James J. Rorimer papers, 1921-1982. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- Current copyright status is undetermined
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- not after 1950
- Record number
- See more items in
- James J. Rorimer papers, 1921-1982, bulk 1943-1950
- Archives of American Art
- World War, 1939-1945--Art and the war
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply