James McNeill Whistler to Frederick H. Allen
Social Media Share Tools
- Whistler, James McNeill, 1834-1903
- Allen, Frederick H., 1845-1926
- Ford, Sheridan
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- Letter : 2 p. : handwritten ; 20 x 16 cm.
- Whistler expresses his hope that Sheridan Ford has been arrested for putting out an edition of The gentle art of making enemies, a collection of Whistler's art criticism and comments on art, without Whistler's permission.
- James McNeill Whistler. James McNeill Whistler to Frederick H. Allen, 1892 or 1893 June 6. James McNeill Whistler collection, 1863-1906. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- Current copyright status is undetermined
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- 1892 or 1893 June 6
- Record number
- See more items in
- James McNeill Whistler collection, 1863-1906
- Archives of American Art
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.