J. Alden Weir letter to Henry Fitch Taylor
Social Media Share Tools
- Weir, Julian Alden, 1852-1919
- Taylor, Henry Fitch, 1853-1925
- Association of American Painters and Sculptors (New York, N.Y.)
- National Academy of Design (U.S.)
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- Letter : 1 p. : typescript ; 28 x 22 cm.
- Weir explains that he is resigning his post as President of the newly-formed Assocation of American Painters & Sculptors because of a New York Times article that said the group was formed in opposition of the National Academy of Design.
- Julian Alden Weir. J. Alden Weir letter to Henry Fitch Taylor, 1912 Jan. 3. Walt Kuhn Family papers and Armory Show records, 1859-1984. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- U.S. public domain
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- 1912 Jan. 3
- Record number
- See more items in
- Walt Kuhn Family papers and Armory Show records, 1859-1984, bulk 1900-1949
- Archives of American Art
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.