Indian Elephant "Dunk"
- Lewis, C.W
- National Zoological Park (U.S.)
- Also known as NZP-289 and Z-108
- Received from James E. Cooper, the proprietor of the Adam Forepaugh Shows, April 30, 1891. Died March 30, 1917. #730.
- Scientific name: [Elephas maximus].
- See also Record Unit 95, Box 47, Folder 13 and Record Unit 95, Box 51, Folder 2.
- Please note: Animal care practices are always evolving. Archival images may not reflect current best practices for animal care.
- Keeper C.W. Lewis with Indian elephant "Dunk" wading in a pool in the yard outside the Elephant House at the National Zoological Park.
- Cite as
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Acc. 14-167, Image No. NZP-0289
- Repository Loc.
- Smithsonian Institution Archives Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- Between 1903 and 1917
- Local number
- SIA Acc. 14-167 [NZP-0289]
- Restrictions & Rights
- No access restrictions Many of SIA's holdings are located off-site, and advance notice is recommended to consult a collection. Please email the SIA Reference Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No Known Copyright
- Glass negatives
- Physical description
- Smithsonian Institution Archives
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
The Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact email@example.com