All Smithsonian museums in Washington, D.C., including the National Zoo, and in New York City continue to be closed to support the effort to contain the spread of COVID-19.
- Fernando Botero, Colombian, b. Medellín, 1932
- The artist, Paris, to 4 November 1980
- Gift of the Artist, 1980
- Exhibition History
- MARLBOROUGH GALLERY, New York. Fernando Botero: Recent Work, 7 November-2 December 1980, colorplate 15.
- SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTION, Washington, DC. America's Smithsonian: 150th Anniversary Exhibition, 1996-1998. Tour: Los Angeles, California, 9 February-10 March 1996; Kansas City, Missouri, 10 April-19 May; New York City, 11 June-24 July; Providence, Rhode Island, 21 August-19 September. (Tour continued to other cities but Hirshhorn objects lent only to first four venues.)
- SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTION LATINO CENTER, "Columbia at the Smithsonian: The Columbian Presence in the Collections of the Smithsonian" 6 September 2006 - 15 October 2006.
- Published References
- RIPLEY, S. DILLON. Smithsonian (April 1981): 12.
- Credit Line
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, Gift of the artist, 1980
- Accession Number
- Oil on canvas
- 71 3/8 X 59 in. (181.3 X 149.8 cm)
- Hispanic Contemporary
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined