Howard Finster letter to Barbara Shissler Nosanow
Social Media Share Tools
- Finster, Howard, 1916-2001
- Nosanow, Barbara Shissler
- Finster, Howard
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- 1 letter : handwritten, ill. ; 26 x 22 cm.
- A letter to Nosanow at the National Museum of American Art, discussing Finster's upcoming visit to Washington, D.C.
The letter is illustrated in pencil with sketches of Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, William Henry Harrison, Andrew Jackson and William Shakespeare.
Finster writes: "I am excited to be coming to Washington where these great men once had our future responsibility upon them I feel so unworthy to live in a world of luxery [sic] and these great men paved our way..."
- Howard Finster. Howard Finster letter to Barbara Shissler Nosanow, 1981. Barbara Shissler Nosanow materials relating to Howard Finster, [ca. 1981]. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- Current copyright status is undetermined
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- Record number
- See more items in
- Barbara Shissler Nosanow materials relating to Howard Finster, [ca. 1981]
- Archives of American Art
- Illustrated letters
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.