E.D. Simpson Owney tag
- Owney, American, c. 1888 - 1897
- Owney was given this identification tag by E.D. Simpson of Running Water, South Dakota. The tag is dated 1893. There is no one by that name who worked for the Post Office Department during Owney’s lifetime, and no additional information that points to Mr. Simpson’s profession. The city of Running Water was served by the Chicago & Milwaukee Railway line.
- Object number
- Seals, Symbols & Signage
- Height x Width: 3/4 x 1 1/2 in. (1.91 x 3.81 cm)
- South Dakota
- On View
- Currently on exhibit at the National Postal Museum
- National Postal Museum
- Popular Culture
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.