- A. Novi
- This object is part of the Education and Outreach collection, some of which are in the Q?rius science education center and available to see.
- These are leaves and seed pods from a cacao tree. One seed pod is unopened and is entirely brown, while the other seed pod is vertically cut in half and has exposed white innards and dark brown seeds. The leaves are dark green and are arranged behind the seed pods. Overall, the specimen measures approximately 37 cm x 28 cm. The cacao seed pods measure approximately 16 cm x 7 cm. This specimen description was written remotely based on images as part of Amber Kreiensieck's internship in Fall 2021.
- Number of objects in this record
- Record Last Modified
- 19 May 2022
- USNM Number
- Object Type
- Education and Outreach collections
- Scientific Name
- Theobroma cacao
- See more items in
- Q?rius, The Coralyn W. Whitney Science Education Center
- Plantae, Equisetopsida, Magnoliidae, Rosanae, Malvales, Malvaceae
- Education & Outreach
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.