Button, Dale Arden, Flash Gordon Character
- Parisian Novelty Co.
- This pin features Dale Arden, the female lead from the Flash Gordon comic strip. Created to compete with—and cash in on—the success of Buck Rogers, which was licensed by a competing newspaper syndicate, Flash Gordon debuted in comic strips in 1934. Alex Raymond, a staff writer for King Features, created the character and wrote the strip for 10 years.
- The Arden character, who also served as the love interest for the strip, accompanied the title character in battling Asian supervillian Ming the Merciless.
- Collector Michael O'Harro gave this button to the Museum in 1993.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Michael O'Harro, Copyright 1934, King Features Syndicate
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- MEMORABILIA-Popular Culture
- Overall metal, probably tin
- 2-D - Unframed (H x W) (Button): 1.9cm (3/4 in.)
- 2-D - Unframed (H x W) (Sleeve): 6.2 × 6.2cm (2 7/16 × 2 7/16 in.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)