James D. Preston autograph book
- Preston, James D., 1876-1959
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- Autograph Book : 1 v. : ill. ; 12 x 19 cm.
- An autograph book containing 62 signed sketches by newspaper cartoonists, collected by James D. Preston during his 35 years as Superintendent of the United States Senate Press Gallery, in Washington, D.C. Some sketches were made at national political conventions.
Sketches are by (names as given in signatures, with fuller names in brackets if known): Fornaro [Carl Fornaro]; Felix Mahony; Ivan [last name illegible]; E. Frederick; J.H. Loomis; Ryan Walker; C.K. Berryman [Clifford K. Berryman]; Van Leshout [Alexander J. Van Leshout]; Felix Mahony; Brinkerhoff [R.M. Brinkerhoff]; E. Fuhr [Ernest Fuhr]; Briggs [Clare Briggs]; Swinnerton [Jimmy Swinnerton]; Hy. Mayer [Henry Mayer]; Harry J. Westerman; Homer [last name illegible]; E.W. Kemble; E.V. Nadherny; John T. McCutcheon; Nash; R. Palenske; Donahey; O.E. Cesare [Oscar Edward Cesare]; J. Harry Cunningham; I. Go[...]; C.R. Macauley [Charles Raymond Macauley]; T.O. McGill; Tom H. Walker [?]; J. Norman Lynd; E.R. Johnson; C. Kessler; Vet Anderson [Jessie Sylvester Anderson]; Herbert Johnson; Thomas; McKee Barclay; Wm. S. Nortenheim; J.N. Darling; Sara Moore; T. Gregg [?]; F.C. [?]; Tom Bee; Bill Sharp; Harry Furniss; Tad [last name illegible]; Ranv Inc. [?]; Nelson Harding; T.E. Powers; Wood Cowan; H. Methfessel; Caine; Saml. Chhan [?]; Jones Morris; F.G. Cooper; [First name illegible] Huffard [?]; Boardman Robinson; Art Young; Webster [Harold Tucker Webster]; Rollin Kirby; R.L. Goldberg [Rube Goldberg]; Gaar Williams; E. Zimmer; Franklin Collier; C.K. Berryman; unsigned; Frueh [Alfred Frueh]; Ving Fuller; Frueh [Alfred Frueh]; Carmack; [illegible]; McKee Barclay; and Dwight C. Sturges.
- James D. Preston. James D. Preston autograph book, 1904-1924. James David Preston illustrated autograph book, 1904-1924. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- Current copyright status is undetermined
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- Record number
- See more items in
- James David Preston illustrated autograph book, 1904-1924
- Archives of American Art
- Caricatures and cartoons
- Political cartoons
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Usage conditions apply