33c Rock n' Roll single
Social Media Share Tools
- Ashton-Potter USA (Ltd)
- The Celebrate The Century: 1950s commemorative stamp souvenir sheet was issued on May 26, 1999, in Springfield, Maryland.
- Designed by Howard Paine of Delaplane, Virginia, and illustrated by Dean Ellis of Amagansett, New York, the souvenir sheet features 1950s subjects from the following categories: People and Events, Arts and Entertainment, Lifestyles, Sports, and Science and Technology. The fifteen commemorative stamps in this sheet are titled: Polio Vaccine Developed; Teen Fashions; The "Shot Heard Round The World"; US Launches Satellites; The Korean War; Desegregating Public Schools; Tail Fins and Chrome; Dr. Seuss "The Cat In The Hat"; Drive-In Movies; World Series Rivals; Rocky Marciano, Undefeated; I Love Lucy; Rock 'n' Roll; Stock Car Racing; and Movies Go 3-D.
- Ashton-Potter (USA), Ltd., produced the stamps in the offset/intaglio process.
- Postal Bulletin (April 22, 1999).
- CELEBRATE THE CENTURY
- Rock n' roll
- 33-cent mint single
- Issued May 26, 1999
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- May 26, 1999
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolor); adhesive
- Height x Width: 1 3/16 × 1 3/16 in. (3.02 × 3.02 cm)
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 3187m
- National Postal Museum
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- Music & Musicians
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.