32c Jazz Flourishes single
Social Media Share Tools
- Ashton-Potter USA (Ltd)
- The Postal Service issued the Celebrate The Century:1920s souvenir sheet on May 28, 1998, in Chicago, Illinois.
- The souvenir sheet features subjects from the following categories during the 1920s: People and Events, Arts and Entertainment, Lifestyle, Sports, and Science and Technology. The fifteen commemorative stamps in this sheet are titled Babe Ruth, The Gatsby Style, Prohibition Enforced, Electric Toy Trains, 19th Amendment, Emily Post's Etiquette, Margaret Mead, anthropologist, Flappers Do The Charleston, Radio Entertains America, Art Deco Style, Jazz Flourishes, Four Horsemen of Notre Dame, Lindbergh Flies Atlantic, American Realism, and Stock Market Crash 1929.
- Designed by Carl Herrman of Laguna Niguel, California, and illustrated by Davis Meltzer of Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania, the stamps were issued and printed by Ashton-Potter USA in the offset/intaglio process.
- Postal Bulletin (April 23, 1998).
- 32-cent mint single
- Issued May 28, 1998
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- May 28, 1998
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolor); adhesive
- Height x Width: 1 3/16 × 1 3/16 in. (3.02 × 3.02 cm)
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 3184k
- National Postal Museum
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- Music & Musicians
- Black Heritage
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.