Smithsonian Establishes Search Committee for Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden Director
The Smithsonian has announced an international search for a new director at the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden. The new director will succeed Richard Koshalek, who left his position as director June 29. Chief curator Kerry Brougher is serving as acting director.
The members of the search committee are:
- Richard Kurin (chair of the search committee), Smithsonian Under Secretary for History, Art, and Culture
- Peggy Burnet, chair, Hirshhorn Board of Trustees
- Daniel Sallick, treasurer, Hirshhorn Board of Trustees
- Jane Lipton Cafritz, secretary, Hirshhorn Board of Trustees
- Dani Levinas, member, Hirshhorn Board of Trustees
- Johnnetta Betsch Cole, director, Smithsonian’s National Museum of African Art
- Robert Kogod, member, Smithsonian Board of Regents
- Dorothy Kosinski, director, The Phillips Collection in Washington, D.C.
- Susan Lake, collection manager, Hirshhorn Museum
The search committee will be assisted by the search firm Heidrick & Struggles. The committee hopes to complete its search by January 2014.
# # #