Sweet Home Café
Sweet Home Cafe is temporarily serving a limited menu. The 2017 James Beard Award nominated Sweet Home Café boasts both refined and down-home cooking intricately linked to the geographic regions that inspired each dish, revealing stories about African American culture. through food.
11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Reckoning: Protest. Defiance. Resilience.
- Double Victory: The African American Military Experience
- Slavery and Freedom
- Cultural Expressions
- Musical Crossroads
- Defending Freedom, Defining Freedom: Era of Segregation 1876-1968
- Making a Way Out of No Way
- A Changing America: 1968 and Beyond
- A Century in the Making: Building the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Sports: Leveling the Playing Field
- Power of Place
- Visual Art and the American Experience