In the event of a government shutdown, the Smithsonian will remain OPEN through at least Saturday, October 7. Check back for updates...
New Thing Jazz Workshop, The Lloyd McNeill Quartet
- Lloyd McNeill
- This poster promoted Lloyd McNeill’s talents both as a musician in his Quartet Jazz Workshop and as the artistic creator of the print. McNeill was a professor at the time, teaching Fine Arts and African-American Music History at Howard University and at the New Thing Art & Architecture Center in Washington, D.C. At the New Thing, the multidisciplinary and active learning practices of workshops aimed to empower the community to reimagine the urban cultural landscape. McNeill embodied these ideals, pursuing creativity in all its forms and giving others the tools to do the same.
- Cite As
- Anacostia Community Museum, Smithsonian Institution.
- c. 1967
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- lithograph on paper
- 16 15/16 × 11 in. (43.1 × 27.9 cm)
- See more items in
- Anacostia Community Museum Collection
- Anacostia Community Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)