Smithsonian's Group Sales and Reservations department offers groups of 10 or more discounts to restaurants, IMAX theaters, paid exhibitions, and attractions. Orders and payments are required 3 business days prior to visit!
Call 866.868.7774 or 202.633.IMAX between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET, Monday – Friday, for more information or to place your order by phone. Offices are closed on Federal holidays.
Smithsonian Group Sales offers discounted breakfast, lunch and dinner to groups of 10 or more in most of our museum cafes. Both breakfast and dinner offer a private dining experience with a customized menu, for more information on our affordable breakfast and dinner programs please contact us. Breakfast starts at $15.75 and Dinner starts at just $18.50 per person.
In addition to our private breakfast and dinner options, we also help with discounted lunch vouchers at most of our cafes. For an example of what we offer, please see below!
Eat at America’s Table (National Museum of American History) and Atrium Café (National Museum of Natural History)
- $13.00 Group Voucher – Hot Dog, Hamburger, Cheeseburger OR pre-packaged salad. All $13 vouchers include a bag of chips and a fountain beverage.
- $15.00 Group Voucher – Hamburger, Cheeseburger, Baked Mac & Cheese OR Chicken Tenders. All $15 vouchers include french fries and a fountain beverage.
- $18.00 Group Voucher – Pulled Pork Sandwich with coleslaw and pickles, Baked Pasta or pre-packaged salad. All $18 vouchers include choice of seasonal cupcake, brownie or cookie and a fountain beverage.
Flightline Café (National Air and Space Museum)
- $10.00 Group Voucher – Hot Dog or Snack Box. All $10 vouchers include a choice of chips or a piece of whole fruit and a bottled beverage.
- $15.00 Group Voucher – Pulled BBQ sandwich OR pre-packaged salad/sandwich. All $15 vouchers include a choice of chips or a piece of whole fruit and a bottled beverage.
Mitsitam Café (National Museum of the American Indian)
- $13.00 Group Voucher – Hot Dog, Hamburger or Cheeseburger. All $13 vouchers include a bag of chips and a fountain beverage.
Sweet Home Café (National Museum of African American History and Culture)
- $25.50 Group Voucher – One entrée, two sides, choice of dessert plus a fountain drink.
Smithsonian Dining Dollars
- Available in denominations starting at $20. Dining Dollars are good for face value and can be used towards the purchase of any food item and a fountain drink.
- No change given. If value is exceeded, patron agrees to pay difference, including tax.
- Dining Dollars are accepted at the Mitsitam Café at the National Museum of the American Indian, Smithsonian Castle Café at the Smithsonian Castle Building, Courtyard Café at the Smithsonian American Art Museum and National Portrait Gallery, Eat at America’s Table at the National Museum of American History, and Atrium Café at the National Museum of Natural History.
National Air and Space Museum Lockheed Martin IMAX Theater
National Museum of American History Warner Bros. Theater
Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center Airbus IMAX Theater
Groups of 10 or more receive discounted admission to our IMAX Theaters. General admission, no reserved seating. Discount available for advanced sales only, not valid for same day purchases. Restrictions apply.
For showtimes, visit si.edu/theaters.
Bulk IMAX Tickets
Need some flexibility? Groups can also purchase bulk tickets to the IMAX Theater, good for any daytime educational show before the expiration date.
Minimum order of 50 (no comps). No reserved seating. Vouchers expire 9/19/2020. Unused 2019-2020 vouchers can be exchanged for 2020-2021 vouchers. To qualify for exchange, Smithsonian Group Sales and Reservations office must receive unused vouchers no later than 9/26/2020.
Title I Outreach
Discounted IMAX tickets are available for Title I schools.
Minimum of 40 people. Restrictions apply. Proof of Title I status must accompany order.
IMAX On Demand
Arrange a special morning screening with our IMAX On Demand packages. Choose from any of the films in our IMAX Adventure Library, and screen the film before the museum doors open to the public.
IMAX On Demand screenings are offered for groups of 50 or more (80 for Title I schools) every morning around 9:15 a.m. (start times vary based on location). Minimum 1-week notice is required to book dates and choice of films are subject to availability.
Fly jet-age combat sorties, perform 360-degree barrel rolls and engage in air-to-air combat for a hands-on experience thousands of feet above ground.
Groups of 10 or more receive $1 off ticket prices, with one complimentary ticket per 20 purchased.