- Series Creator
- Scurlock, Robert S. (Saunders), 1917-1994
- Scurlock, Addison N., 1883-1964
- Custom Craft
- Scurlock Studio (Washington, D.C.)
- Scurlock, George H. (Hardison), 1919-2005
- See more items in
- Scurlock Studio Records, Series 1: Black and White Photographs
- Scurlock Studio Records, Series 1: Black and White Photographs / 1.1: Clients Black and White Photographs
- The collection was acquired with assistance from the Eugene Meyer Foundation. Elihu and Susan Rose and the Save America's Treasures program, provided funds to stabilize, organize, store, and create digital surrogates of some of the negatives. Processing and encoding funded by a grant from the Council on Library and Information Resources.
- 1939 April 9
- Box 101, Folder 2
- Archival Repository
- Archives Center, National Museum of American History
- Archival materials
- Series Citation
- Scurlock Studio Records, Archives Center, National Museum of American History. Smithsonian Institution
- Series Rights
- When the Museum purchased the collection from the Estate of Robert S. Scurlock, it obtained all rights, including copyright. The earliest photographs in the collection are in the public domain because their term of copyright has expired. The Archives Center will control copyright and the use of the collection for reproduction purposes, which will be handled in accordance with its standard reproduction policy guidelines. Archives Center cost-recovery and use fees may apply when requesting reproductions.
- Series Restrictions
- Collection is open for research. Gloves must be worn when handling unprotected photographs and negatives. Special arrangements required to view negatives due to cold storage. Using negatives requires a three hour waiting period. Contact the Archives Center at 202-633-3270.
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage