All Smithsonian museums in Washington, D.C., including the National Zoo, and in New York City continue to be closed to support the effort to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Airbus IMAX Theater
Air and Space Museum Udvar-Hazy Center
14390 Air and Space Museum Parkway
Addthis Share Tools
As a public health precaution due to COVID-19 (coronavirus), all Smithsonian museums in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area and New York City, including the National Zoo, will temporarily close to the public starting Saturday, March 14. We are not announcing a re-opening date at this time and will provide updates on a week-to-week basis on social media and our websites.
The Airbus IMAX® Theater at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center houses the biggest IMAX screen in Northern Virginia. The Airbus IMAX® Theater is among the first in the world to feature the latest IMAX® laser projection system. The dual 4K laser projection system, with a 12 discrete channel sound system, provides audiences with the sharpest, brightest, clearest, and most vivid digital images ever, combined with a whole new level of immersive audio. The future of movie technology is here!
Airbus IMAX Theater Features:
- Brand new 86 foot wide screen
- Dual 4K laser projection system with new optical engine providing unparalleled 3D brightness
- New state-of-the-art 3D glasses that optimize the laser system experience
- 12 discrete channels plus sub-bass for fully immersive audio experience
- New capability to show a wider selection of documentary and Hollywood features, and at the highest possible quality
Parking is free at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center for any movie that concludes after 5:30 pm. If a movie ends prior to 5:30 pm, parking is $15 per vehicle.