Whether you are part of a Fortune 500 company or a small business owner, your Smithsonian Corporate Membership can be structured to meet your specific business and philanthropic priorities.
The Smithsonian connects you to local and national audiences:
- Approximately 30 million people visit our museums each year.
- More than 102 million unique visitors access si.edu each year.
- Millions more visit Smithsonian traveling exhibitions in every state.
We provide numerous ways to get your company noticed.
There’s no better place for your company to be seen than at the Smithsonian—home of the nation’s most prized treasures and esteemed researchers. The Corporate Membership Program reaches audiences ranging from Washington’s most influential thought leaders to Smithsonian supporters nationwide.
We offer a range of options to help you build your business.
- Show your employees—and their families—you appreciate them with private animal demonstrations at the National Zoo or complimentary tickets to IMAX movies.
- Build staff camaraderie with a scavenger hunt at the National Portrait Gallery or a day of volunteering at the annual Folklife Festival.
- Educate your executives before they travel to Asia by setting up meetings with Asian art and culture experts from the National Museum of Asian Art.
We create employee engagement and appreciation events that set your company apart.
For more information, send an email or call 202.633.0016.
Corporate Members have access to the Smithsonian’s unique venues on the National Mall for elegant events.
Be invited to special events or host your own among national treasures at the Smithsonian’s unique spaces.
Your employees are invited to special events with other corporate members about six times a year. Executives from prominent Washington-area businesses mingle after hours, view exhibitions with our curators, learn in-person from leading researchers, and enjoy unique culinary experiences. Private tours and special access are the hallmarks of these much-sought-after events.
Past networking events have included:
- Viewing of restricted objects such as meteorites from Mars and the moon at the National Museum of Natural History, and treasured artifacts from Babe Ruth, Seinfeld, and Indiana Jones in the collections of the National Museum of American History
- Special invitations to annual events such as Space Day, Boo at the Zoo, the preview dinner for the Smithsonian Craft Show, and VIP viewing of the 4th of July fireworks on the National Mall
- Breakfasts and curator-led tours of exhibitions such as Song for the Horse Nation at the National Museum of the American Indian and Telling Stories: Norman Rockwell from the Collections of George Lucas and Steven Spielberg a the Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Special events such as a National Museum of African Art–hosted reception for African heads of state
Imagine having your next corporate event adjacent to the Hope Diamond, alongside the Space Shuttle Discovery, or steps away from the original Star-Spangled Banner ...
With the Corporate Membership Program, you can access some of Washington's most sought-after event locations at a reduced rate, from intimate dinners to large-scale receptions, and create once-in-a-lifetime experiences for your executives, clients, or VIPs.
Hold your event alongside national treasures—or amidst unique and special spaces like the contemporary glass-and-steel domed indoor garden of the Kogod Courtyard at the Smithsonian American Art Museum and National Portrait Gallery, or overlooking the National Mall from the rooftop of the National Museum of American History.
Access the world's largest research and museum complex before and after normal visiting hours for private tours of everything from exhibits not-yet-open to the public, to the conservation labs where experts work to restore treasures ranging from the fragile pages of Thomas Jefferson’s bible to each individual sequin on the ruby slippers Judy Garland wore in The Wizard of Oz.
We work with you to find the ideal space for your most important events—and constituents.
Member information as of Sept 2022