All Smithsonian museums in Washington, D.C., including the National Zoo, and in New York City continue to be closed to support the effort to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Sidedoor hits the road, sneaking behind the scenes for the ultimate Smithsonian field trip we never took as kids. Lizzie and producer Justin O'Neill journey by bike, train, and even horse (okay, plastic horse) in a romp from museum to museum, encountering a hungry predator, a group of Broadway monsters, the last work of an iconic painter, and lots more. Join us!
In this episode:
- Tarantula Feedings at the National Museum of Natural History
- David Best's Temple at the Renwick Gallery
- Mitsitam Café at the National Museum of the American Indian
- Hokusai's Under the Wave off Kanagawa (aka "The Great Wave") at the Freer Gallery
- Hokusai: Mad About Painting at the Freer Gallery of Art
- The Smithsonian Carousel