World's Finest Comics No. 7
Social Media Share Tools
- D. C. Comics, Inc.
- DC Comics published World’s Finest Comics issue No. 7 in the fall of 1942. Jack Burnley illustrated the yellow cover that depicts Superman, Robin, and Batman each straddling the barrel of a battleship’s cannon. This issue’s stories feature Superman in "The Eight Doomed Men!," Zatara in "The Case of the Walking Dynamo!," Drafty in "Bring in Baby," The Sandman and Sandy in "A Modern Arabian Nightmare," The Star Spangled Kid and Stripesy in "The Case of the Jinxed Skyscraper," Red, White and Blue in "The Phantom Voice," The Green Arrow in "Wings of Flame," Lando in "The Vanishing V-Men!," and Batman and Robin in "The North Pole Crimes!"
- Originally titled World’s Best Comics in its inaugural issue, DC Comics published World’s Finest Comics from 1941 until 1986. Each issue originally featured separate stories for Batman and Superman, but from issue 71 until issue 197 they appeared together in the same story. Over the years a cavalcade of DC heroes appeared in the book, including Robin, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Hawkman, Green Arrow, and the Vigilante.
- Currently not on view
- Credit Line
- Gift of Olivia V. Crisson and Phillip M.S. Crisson in honor of Peter Bozzer
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Object Name
- comic book
- Physical Description
- paper (overall material)
- overall: 7 3/4 in x 10 in; 19.685 cm x 25.4 cm
- See more items in
- Culture and the Arts: Entertainment
- Popular Entertainment
- Comic Books
- National Museum of American History
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.