Wheeling on Riverside Drive
Social Media Share Tools
- Thure de Thulstrup, American, b. Sweden, 1848 - 1930
- Harper & Bros., New York, New York, USA
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- A man and woman seated side by side ride a wide bicycle vehicle with two large wheels at either side and a small wheel at the front. The couple appears to be in conversation while riding along the Hudson River, which is visible at left. At right, behind the couple, a man rides a tall pennyfarthing bicycle. Further in the background, another couple rides a bicycle in yet a different style. In the background, at right, a coachman visible behind two horses.
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Object Name
- Wood engraving on white paper
- 39 × 54 cm (15 3/8 × 21 1/4 in.)
- made in
- See more items in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Collection
- Drawings, Prints, and Graphic Design Department
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.