Water color; On the shore in Chiaja
Social Media Share Tools
- Saverio della Gatta, Italian, 1777 - 1829
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Horizontal rectangle. Three men move a boat lying on the shore, at left. At right are a standing and spinning woman, a seated woman nursing a baby with a girl standing beside her, three men and an eating child. At left is a rock, at right is a promontory with structure, in the background are Capri and the peninsula of Sorrento. Framing line. The signature is in the lower right corner: "Gatta f. 1828."
- Credit Line
- Gift of Eleanor and Sarah Hewitt
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Object Name
- Black chalk and various water colors on paper.
- 20.1 × 25.5 cm (7 15/16 × 10 1/16 in.)
- made in
- See more items in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Collection
- Drawings, Prints, and Graphic Design Department
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.