Walt Kuhn scrapbook of press clippings documenting the Armory Show, vol. 2
- Kuhn, Walt, 1877-1949
- Armory Show (1913 : Boston, Mass.)
- Armory Show (1913 : Chicago, Ill.)
- Armory Show (1913 : New York, N.Y.)
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- 1 scrapbook ; 47 x 36 cm.
- Scrapbook is primarily filled with newspaper clippings of articles reacting to the exhibition in its incarnations both in New York and Chicago.
Also contains: postcards from the exhibit; an invitation to the beefsteak dinner held by the Association of American Painters and Sculptors in celebration of the exhibit's success; a typescript of a speech and "imaginary telegrams" read at the beefsteak dinner; typewritten statistics of attendance from the exhibit's run at the Art Institute of Chicago; catalogs from the exhibit in Boston and Chicago and the supplement to the New York catalog; a copy of For and against; views on the international exhibition held in New York and Chicago; vol. 4 no. 6 of Art and progress; small biographies of Paul Cezanne, Paul Gauguin, and Odilon Redon put out in conjunction with the exhibit; and printed information cards and other ephemera from the exhibits.
Due to poor quality paper, scrapbook required conservation treatment and is physically housed as three pieces (the binding, which has been separated from the pages, and two conservation binders containing the pages).
Cover of album has "Press, vol. II" written on it and the emblem of the Armory Show (an uprooted pine tree) drawn on.
Vol. 1 has also been scanned, as item 6227. This item should be viewed with item 6227.
- Walt Kuhn. Walt Kuhn scrapbook of press clippings documenting the Armory Show, vol. 2, 1913. Walt Kuhn Family papers and Armory Show records, 1859-1984. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- Current copyright status is undetermined
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- Record number
- See more items in
- Walt Kuhn Family papers and Armory Show records, 1859-1984, bulk 1900-1949
- Archives of American Art
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply