Walt Kuhn letter to Vera Kuhn
- Kuhn, Walt, 1877-1949
- Kuhn, Vera
- Davies, Arthur B. (Arthur Bowen)
- Armory Show (1913 : Chicago, Ill.)
- Armory Show (1913 : New York, N.Y.)
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- Letter : 8 p. : handwritten ; 18 x 27 cm., folded to 18 x 14 cm.
- 8 p. letter on two folded sheets.
Kuhn discusses traveling in Europe with Arthur B. Davies, going to London to secure funding and artworks for the Armory Show; mentions working with the Chicago Institute of Art to have the show travel there after its New York installation; compares the Armory Show to the Sonderbund Ausstellung in Cologne; and expresses his desire to return home.
Dated "Wednesday Nov. 11, 11 pm"; year inferred based on timeline of the Armory Show.
- Walt Kuhn. Walt Kuhn letter to Vera Kuhn, 1912 Nov. 11. Walt Kuhn Family papers and Armory Show records, 1859-1984. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- Current copyright status is undetermined
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- 1912 Nov. 11
- Record number
- See more items in
- Walt Kuhn Family papers and Armory Show records, 1859-1984, bulk 1900-1949
- Archives of American Art
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply