Vasudhara, Goddess of Abundance
Social Media Share Tools
- Previous custodian or owner
- Mrs. Susanne K. Bennet (born 1938)
- From 1964 to 2012
- Susanne K. Bennet (b. 1938), purchased in Old Delhi, Delhi, India. 
- From 2012
- Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, gift of Susanne K. Bennet, Washington, DC 
-  Susanne K. Bennet purchased the bronze in Old Delhi in 1964. She and her husband were posted to Delhi between 1963 and 1967, with the United States Agency for International Development and then with the Department of State. See email from Mrs. Bennet dated August 22, 2012 to the Arthur M. Sackler Gallery detailing the circumstances of the purchase, copy in object file, Collections Management. See also Acquisition Justification, object file, Collections Management Office.
-  See Acquisition Consideration Form, object file, Collections Management Office.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Susanne K. Bennet in memory of Felicja "Lusia" Arendt (1928-1942?)
- dated 1082
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Gilt copper with semi-precious stones and traces of vermilion
- H x W x D: 20.9 x 16.1 x 14.9 cm (8 1/4 x 6 5/16 x 5 7/8 in)
- Related Online Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- See more items in
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Collection
- On View
- Sackler Gallery 22a: The Art of Knowing in South Asia, Southeast Asia, and the Himalayas
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- South Asian and Himalayan Art
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.