Social Media Share Tools
- Fernand Léger, French, b. Argentan, 1881–1955
- The Artist
- Galerie Simon (later Galerie Louis Leiris), Paris, 1920
- Nierendorf Gallery, New York (acquired from Galerie Simon / Louis Leiris)
- Joseph H. Hirshhorn, New York, to 17 May 1966
- Gift of Joseph H. Hirshhorn, 1966
- Exhibition History
- HIRSHHORN MUSEUM AND SCULPTURE GARDEN, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC. "Collection in Context: Metropolis in the Machine Age," 28 February-2 September 2002, no cat.
- Published References
- HALL, CALVIN S., et al. Introduction to Theories of Personality (New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1985), ill. pp. 570, 635.
- BECKER, NANCY. "Buying and Selling Contemporary Art," Humanities 9/2 (March/April 1988), ill. p. 26.
- Credit Line
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, Gift of Joseph H. Hirshhorn, 1966
- Accession Number
- Ink on paper
- 16 1/8 x 12 13/16 in. (40.8 x 32.5 cm)
- See more items in
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden Collection
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.