Tribble, Large, Brown, "Star Trek" TV Show, Prop
- Paramount Pictures Corporation
- This television prop is a "tribble," a fictional alien creature featured in the episode "The Trouble With Tribbles" in the "Star Trek" TV show, which aired on NBC from 1966-1969. A tribble was a living furry creature on Space Station K-7. They did nothing but eat and multiply. Eventually, tribbles are found aboard the Spaceship Enterprise and created an enormous problem by over-multiplying.
- The popularity of this episode led the writer, David Gerrold, to produce the book of the same title, "The Trouble With Tribbles," published by Ballantyne as a paperback in 1973, in which tribbles threaten to overun the entire galaxy. The episode also led to a variety of tribble merchandise and their own cult following almost as big as the show itself.
- Paramount gave this prop to the Museum in 1973.
- Credit Line
- Paramount Pictures Corp.
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- MEMORABILIA-Popular Culture
- Formerly identified as cotton, but when sample hairs examined under a microscope, material appears to be a synthetic, acrylic.
- 3-D: 12.7 × 10.2cm (5 × 4 in.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)