Transmission, Helicopter, Flettner Fl 282 V12
- Physical Description
- Twin rotor driven from single shaft. s/n 11
- Between 1941 and 1944, Anton Flettner's small design firm constructed 23 Fl 282s, some of which saw limited test service in Germany during World War Two. Flettner pioneered the twin intermeshing rotor design on the successful, but underpowered, Fl 265, which flew in 1939.
- Credit Line
- Transferred from the U.S. Air Force
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- Ferrous Alloys
- Aluminum Alloys
- Adhesive Tape
- Natural Fiber Fabric?
- Synthetic Fiber Fabrics
- Cadmium or White Metal Plating?
- Storage (Stand): 114.9 × 116.8 × 138.4cm (3 ft. 9 1/4 in. × 3 ft. 10 in. × 4 ft. 6 1/2 in.)
- Country of Origin
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)