Toy, Captain Video, Supersonic Space Ship, Red
- Lido Toy Co.
- This red plastic Captain Video "supersonic space ship" made by the Lido toy company was designed to be used in association with the Superior Space Port that was also known as the Captain Video Space Port. The metal space-theme fort with its associated plastic vehicles and space men (and aliens) was sold as merchandise for "Captain Video and His Video Rangers," a weekly television show that aired on the DuMont network from 1949-1956. "Captain Video" was considered the U.S.'s and world's first television show with a space flight theme. Lido's plastic toys were also sold separately in boxes decorated with images of Captain Video.
- Collector Michael O'Harro donated this board game to the Museum in 1993.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Michael O'Harro
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- MEMORABILIA-Popular Culture
- Overall, plastic
- 3-D: 8.3 x 2.5 x 5.1cm (3 1/4 x 1 x 2 in.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)