Tile, large, square
Social Media Share Tools
- Previous custodian or owner
- Aziez Khayat (C.L. Freer source)
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- To 1908
- Aziez Khayat, New York to 1908 
- From 1908 to 1919
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Aziez Khayat in 1908 
- From 1920
- Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
-  See Voucher No. 33, October 1908, as well as Original Pottery List, L. 1856, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
-  See note 1.
-  The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- 11th-12th century
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Architectural Element
- Stone-paste painted under glaze
- H x W x D: 35.1 x 34.5 x 4.7 cm (13 13/16 x 13 9/16 x 1 7/8 in)
- Raqqa ware
- Raqqa, Syria
- Related Online Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- See more items in
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Collection
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- Raqqa ware
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.