Social Media Share Tools
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Fragment of printed cotton with fantastical floral forms and chinoiserie motifs, including single and bundled scrolls. Printed in blue, green, yellow, and several shades of purple, red and pink on an off-white ground.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Josephine Howell
- ca. 1775
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- printed, dyed & painted textiles
- Medium: cotton Technique: block printed and painted on plain weave
- H x W: 34.3 x 47.9 cm (13 1/2 x 18 7/8 in.)
- Repeat H: 21 cm (8 1/4 in.)
- made in
- See more items in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Collection
- Textiles Department
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.