Templates, Payload 16 (Explorer S-1)
- These are two layout templates used in producing the electronics package for the University of Iowa cosmic ray package for Payload 16, Explorer S-1 and Explorer VII. These are components from a payload inventory from State University of Iowa packages to be flown on Vanguard and the early Explorer satellites. They were in George Ludwig's possession since they were built in the late 1950s. Donated by Dr. George Ludwig in 2006.
- Credit Line
- Designed and Donated by Dr. George H. Ludwig.
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- 3-D (Small plastic sheet): 7 × 10.2 × 0.2cm (2 3/4 × 4 × 1/16 in.)
- 3-D (Large plastic sheet): 9.8 × 9.5 × 0.2cm (3 7/8 × 3 3/4 × 1/16 in.)
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)