Telescope Optical Assembly, Hubble, 1:5
- Perkin-Elmer Corporation
- This is a one-fifth scale model of the optical and instrument assembly of the Hubble Space Telescope, constructed by the Optical Technology Division of the Perkin-Elmer Corporation, the company that built the flight version. The model depicts the truss framework, which supports the optical components and keeps them in precise alignment. Sections of the outer tube and tubular baffle assembly within the truss work are cut away to make the principal components of the optical system visible. This is one of two scale models of the HST in the NASM collection.
- The model was donated to NASM by Perkin-Elmer in August 1983.
- Credit Line
- Gift of the Perkin Elmer Corporation
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- MODELS-Unmanned Spacecraft & Parts
- Mixed materials.
- Overall: 1 ft. 11 in. wide x 5 ft. 9 in. deep (58.4 x 175.3cm)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)