Social Media Share Tools
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Large tassel with long heavy twisted red wool fringes and wool yarn stretched in 1/4" band of white, red, green, yellow over the top of the core, and a thick stiff stem of cotton yarns wound tightly with cotton threads over which stem stitch appears to have been worked in a design of geometrical rosettes, with a diamond center, in black, red, white, yellow wool ground.
- Credit Line
- Museum purchase through gift of Agnes M. O'Donnell
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Medium: cotton, wool Technique: twisted fringe, embroidered cord
- H x W: 23.5 cm (9 1/4 in.)
- made in
- See more items in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Collection
- Textiles Department
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.